Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

No Fuss Pumpkin Cake

Nothing says fall like pumpkin. I love this time of year, and I love that this dessert starts with a cake mix!
No fuss pumpkin cake recipe



The only thing I changed was to make my own cream cheese frosting, instead of mixing a can of pre-made with some cream cheese. My frosting recipe is super easy, very rich, and makes a ton! If you are gonna frost something, I say pile it on. Mix together 1 stick softened butter, 8 oz. softened cream cheese, and 1 pound of powdered sugar. If you feel it is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of milk. Voila!

Bottom line: this is really easy, and really good! The pumpkin makes it very moist, and the spice makes it taste just perfect for fall. The frosting is awesome, of course! I have made this in the recommended 15x10 pan and in a 13x9, they both work fine. I have found the cooking time stays the same at about 28 minutes. Nobody will guess this started from a mix, and you don't need to volunteer that information!

No comments:

Post a Comment