Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

German Lasagna

Say what? I admit the name of this dish sounds more strange than appealing, but it really is worth trying.

German Lasagna Recipe

I saw this recipe in a magazine a few years ago and Nate asked me to try it out. I am absolutely not a sauerkraut fan, but the sauce and cheese really mellow the flavor. You still get the hint of the flavor, but it isn't overwhelming.



Bottom line: Make this, you won't regret it! It is creamy, cheesy, and has a bit of a kick. I usually switch up regular kielbasa for turkey kielbasa, just because this recipe is incredibly high in fat. I also dont use white pepper in this recipe, for no other reason than i refuse to purchase said pepper for one recipe. Black pepper works just fine. A smallish piece of the lasagna is very filling, which makes leftovers highly likely. It sets up well, and I think it tastes better the second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment