Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Crock Pot Candy

If you don't like the idea of standing over a pan for 45 minutes with a candy thermometer, this is your kind of candy recipe.

Crock Pot Candy Recipe

This is totally foolproof! I even had a crock pot snafu and mine turned out perfect. When the cooking time was up, I was so excited to try it that I burned off more than a few taste buds. Do yourself a favor, give the mixture like 15 minutes to cool before putting it into the mini cupcake liners; it sticks together much easier, and the bits you drop from the spoon to your counter won't burn your fingers (or mouth, because we both know that is the final destination).


Bottom line: Perfect! I will most definitely make these again. I gave tons to my parents, which was only because I knew I could eat all 56 pounds on my own. Seriously, it does make a lot of candies. This was so easy. I had these bad boys cooking when I was preparing other holiday desserts. I was pleasantly surprised. My Dad is a huge foodie, and quite a critic, and he even liked them! They are creamy, crunchy bits of goodness. Oh, and I am the lone white-chocolate lover in the family. In fact, the others claim to hate it...but everybody loved these! What they don't know can't hurt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment