Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Lemon bars

The author of these bars calls them brownies, but I just couldn't do it. They aren't brown and contain no chocolate...they aren't brownies. But, they will satisfy a sweet tooth.

http://www.beckycharms.com/2012/04/lemony-lemonies-lemon-brownies.html


Mmmmm, butter! I love butter, as you will come to find out. The juicing and zesting of the lemons, not so much. But it made the kitchen smell wonderful. 


This seriously took like 4 minutes to prepare.


The only thing I changed is the pan size. I don't have an 8x8 pan (people, if you are gonna make a dessert, go big or go home). I was just gifted this new half pan (weird name) by Nate, so decided to use it. I doubled the recipe to fit this pan, but left everything in proportion.




Bottom line: Zingy. I can't think of a better word to describe these. They were quite tart. They were also not very chewy or gooey, which is how I like my bars. If I made them again I would add some sour cream to the bar mix and bake them in a 13x9. These would be nice to have refrigerated for a cool Summer treat. If you like citrus, you will like these. While they were okay, they weren't my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment