Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie bars

These sound delicious, don't they?

First off, this woman's blog made me salivate. So many good ideas...and all sweets! I literally spent over an hour perusing. 
Okay, as for the food at hand. These were good. Not great. Not quite chewy enough for me, though I doubled the recipe so had to cook it longer (in a 9x13). The edges were crunchy, which I greatly dislike in a bar or cookie of any kind! I think if I had made the bars as directed, instead of doubling up, they would have worked better. That being said, they were gone in 2 days between my fiancĂ©, my brother's girlfriend, and my coworkers (read: my father). I love that I only dirtied one bowl. I also enjoyed smashing up the Oreos! 

Bottom line: I wouldn't make these again, but I am super grateful this recipe lead me to such a great blog! If you like cookie dough, Oreos, or chocolate covered candies, give them a try. If you don't like them, it won't be hard to find someone who will. 
http://www.averiecooks.com/2013/09/loaded-mm-oreo-cookie-bars.htmlLoaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars - Easy Recipe at averiecooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment