Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tater Tot Casserole

Cheese and potatoes...what's not to like?!

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Opie_s-Cheesy-Tater-Tot-Casserole-Recipezaar?columns=4&position=3/15

Since I was serving this as a main dish (read:only dish) for supper, I decided to add a pound of ground beef. I also opted not to add the Colby Jack, as I thought 1 pound of cheese plenty! And just as I was getting ready to finish up this baby, I realized I had no french fried onions. Dang it!




Bottom line: This was "cheesy, creamy, delicious goodness," according to Nate. It was pretty good. It also required very little effort, which is great after a long, busy day. I had neither, but it was refreshing to only need 15 mins to put dinner together. I'm glad I added the beef, it filled the dish out nicely. I wish I'd had the onions, but oh well. This baby was plenty cheesy without the Colby Jack, and that's coming from a girl who really loves her cheese! I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment