Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crunchy Peanut Butter Snack Mix

Sweet! With just a touch of salt.

Pb snack mix recipe

I like all cereals, namely those aimed at the 3-10 age group, so this recipe immediately appealed to me. And who doesn't like peanut butter? I made this to take to my brother's birthday party  tomorrow. Our family pretty much inhales anything with peanut butter, so I think it will go over well.

Bottom line: I have to take this to someone else's house, soon, or I will eat the entire thing. I realize it doesn't look super appetizing, but it melts in your mouth! I added 1 tablespoon of butter to the white bark, so I had 3 total. I also added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. They melted a bit when I stirred in the white bark, but just enough to be gooey, not completely liquified. Nate said this "tastes like chex mix's sexy older sister." I'm not really sure what that means, but it can't be anything but a ringing endorsement!

No comments:

Post a Comment