Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Homemade Twix Bars

Mmmm...cookie, caramel, and chocolate!

Homemade Twix bar recipe

In this recipe, you make a delicious shortbread, yummy caramel filling, and cover it in chocolate. The shortbread is very crumbly, so it will be a pain to get it in the pan and press it down. I ended up baking mine for about 40 minutes.

The caramel filling is foolproof and delicious! I added an extra Tablespoon of cream so it would be a bit more gooey.




It was good up to this point. But only melting chocolate chips for the topping? They didn't get spreadable, but thick. So I added about 3 tablespoons of butter and it got a bit creamier. But it still wasn't what I wanted. I was expecting a ganache-type topping. More fudge and gooey, not so blah.

Bottom line: Meh. The caramel was definitely the best part of this dessert. The shortbread was okay, but it was dry. The chocolate layer needs removed and reworked! I plan on making this again after I find a ganache recipe for the top and a softer shortbread for the bottom, and I will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment