Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ranch Chicken Enchiladas

Mixing a packet of dry ranch seasoning and taco seasoning gives a wonderful taste to shredded chicken!

Ranch Chicken Enchiladas recipe

I used a rotisserie chicken for this, and it tasted great. I simmered the chicken in one can of broth along with the two spice packets for about 1.5 hours. The chicken was unbelievably tender, and it soaked up all of the broth. Yum.




Once the broth was all soaked up, I assembled the enchiladas. The ranch and salsa mix is quite good. I topped the chicken with cheddar, but I may use Colby-Jack next time for an extra kick.








Bottom line: These were very good, and so easy to make. The enchiladas went together in about 10 minutes. I was able to do some other baking/cooking while the chicken was simmering. Even Nate liked these, and he's not a fan of Mexican food that doesn't come in a Taco Bell wrapper. The best part is that you can add what you like and make it your own! Rice and beans would be good, so would a can of Rotel or corn. Mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment