Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Italian Pot Roast

Perfect for a cold day! Actually, I had other things to cook and wanted something that required very little fuss.

http://www.crisco.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeID=3072&crlt.pid=camp.JK3pakXODHs3

This recipe was simple and super quick. I used the stovetop method as some idiot (me) broke my crock pot a few weeks ago.






After everything was in the pot, I was off to do my baking!






Bottom line: It wasn't as tender as I'd hoped. Nate assured me it was great, but I will be looking for a different roast recipe. I ended up adding a can of beef broth because there just wasn't enough sauce. I also added about 2 T of flour with the broth, to keep it thick. It smelled great, but it was a tad too tough for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment