Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Garlic Cheesy Pull Apart Bread

Kind of a big deal. This is awesome!

Garlic cheesy bread recipe

Don't be afraid of recipes with yeast! They can be intimidating, but once you experiment a bit, it becomes fun. And very rewarding (for your taste buds).
I don't have a dough hook for my mixer, I just used the whisk attachment. It worked like a charm. I used all purpose flour, not bread flour, because it's what I had on hand. It all worked out.



I let my initial dough rise in a slightly warmed oven for one hour. I turned the oven on for ten minutes, preheated it to the lowest temp, then shut it off about 15 minutes before I started the bread.
These twists end up doubling in size. If you don't want to twist them, no worries!






These look good, don't they? They were. I made my own garlic butter by adding garlic powder, basil, and parsley to a stick of melted butter. You will use the whole stick. I used mozzarella cheese in these loaves. So, so good.








Bottom line: Go make this bread! Even if you've never made bread, this is a super simple recipe to follow. I would recommend broiling the loaves for about 3 minutes before taking out of the oven. Use whatever cheese you like; I plan on using Asiago next time...and there will definitely be a next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment