Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mashed Potato Bake

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy carbs?

http://what2cook.net/2013/09/08/baked-potato-casserole/

Without a doubt, these were the creamiest mashed potatoes I have ever eaten. Not the most flavorful, even after boiling my potatoes in chicken broth ( which I always do and highly recommend).


Bottom line: I was left wanting more...taste. Don't get me wrong, the texture was wonderful. The cheese and bacon were great in this dish. But it was bland. Quite bland. Nate suggested adding some ranch seasoning. If I did that, I would use buttermilk instead of evaporated milk as the liquid. Why I didn't add a couple tablespoons of butter is beyond me. I was temporarily insane. I don't think that I would make this again. I need more flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment