Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Homemade Coffee Syrup

I love lattes. A lot. I cannot drink one without some kind of flavoring. Vanilla, caramel, pumpkin, etc. I do not like shelling out $7.00 for a bottle of flavored syrup. I researched homemade syrups but most required whole vanilla beans or other semi-pricey ingredients. I wanted to save a bit of money, so I came up with a very easy, cheap recipe. While I don't think I can replicate all of the flavors available by Torani, I can get my favorites for about $6.50 less than I normally pay. The recipe base is just simple syrup (1 cup water and 1 cup sugar). Heat long enough to dissolve all the sugar. It doesn't need to boil, but you do need to stir it often. When the sugar has dissolved, move pan off heat for 10-15 mins. Now the fun part: add your flavor! I just made peppermint syrup, and I added 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract. You can add vanilla, rum, maple, coconut, or any other extract you want. It is so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment